With more than 7500 Islands, Philippines is considered to be as one of the largest island countries in the world in terms of size. This massive archipelagic country located at the eastern edge of Southeast Asia is one of the most famous tourist destinations in the world and also a very popular honeymoon destination in the Southeast Asia. If you are planning a trip to Philippines soon and need some travel tips and useful information, this article is for you.
Philippines is home to hundreds of unique natural wonders and must see sites that everyone should visit at least once in their lifetime. However, there a few things that you should know before you visit this amazing country. Below we have listed a few travel tips and useful information for Philippines that are worth reading before planning your honeymoon:
Travel Tips and Useful Information for Philippines
- Official languages of the Philippines are Filipino and English.
- Local currency is the Philippine Peso (PHP). You can find ATM machines in the bigger cities and famous tourist spots. It would be smart to always carry some cash with you, especially if you are planning to visit some remote locations.
- Tipping is optional but expected for many services
- During your stay in the Philippines, always prefer bottled water instead of tap water.
- Pack light because your trip will probably include island transfers by planes or boats.
- You may want to bring water-proof backpack or a dry bag to protect your camera and other electronics from rain and the sea.
- Bring a mosquito repellent with you.
- Bring an umbrella or a lightweight rain jacket and a pair of comfortable shoes for hiking and sightseeing.
- Although most of the touristy islands and beaches will be very clean. However, you may need to use water shoes for some of the beaches in case you might need protection against sea urchins or rocky surfaces.
If you have any questions or want to add something to our list, please don’t hesitate to comment below!
If you would like to read more information about the best honeymoon resorts in Philippines or best time to visit Philippines, click here to see our main article.