Have you just decided to go to the Maldives for your honeymoon? If you are wondering about things to know before booking your honeymoon in the Maldives, this article is for you.
Maldives is a dream honeymoon destination for many couples. It is probably the first tropical destination that comes to mind when you think of going on a honeymoon. Maldives certainly deserves its reputation of being the paradise on earth. The Maldives archipelago consists of 1192 coral islands which are grouped into 26 coral atolls. More than 100 of these islands are being used by luxury resorts; offering the maximum privacy, relaxation and seclusion in the middle of Indian Ocean’s crystal clear waters.
Many people think that a honeymoon in the Maldives cost a fortune and only ultra-rich can afford to go there. However, couples with a limited budget can also enjoy a honeymoon in this tropical paradise. There are enough resorts in the Maldives at the service of people from different income groups.
No matter which resorts you want to stay, your honeymoon in the Maldives will definitely be amazing and unforgettable. However, before booking your honeymoon in the Maldives, there are few small things to consider. We have listed things to know before booking your honeymoon in the Maldives for you.
Travel Tips and Recommendations for the Maldives
- Only the private resorts with license can serve alcohol to tourists. Bringing any form of alcohol to the Maldives is illegal. Bringing tobacco products without a health warning and bringing pork is also illegal.
- If you are planning to visit the islands inhabited by local people, keep in mind that majority of the population is Muslim in the Maldives. You should avoid showing public displays of affection. Also, showing too much skin is not a good idea either if you are in an area where the locals are living. However, since all of the resorts are all located on private islands, you won’t have any problem about what you wear or how to behave.
- When choosing your hotel, there are a few things to consider;
- Do you want to stay in a water villa or a beach villa?
- What kind of amenities and facilities does your hotel offers? Some resorts offers all kinds of water sports and activities in their own area. In some resorts you need to take a boat ride to go for snorkeling or diving.
- How are you going to access you resort from the airport? Before you arrive to Male, you should check in advance whether you are going to need a 20 minute boat ride or a 1 hour seaplane flight to reach your resort.
- How much you are going to pay for meals? Depending on your choice of resort, you can opt for an all-inclusive plan with unlimited food and drinks, the full-board plan with breakfast, lunch and dinner included or breakfast only plan.
- You may want to bring a water-proof backpack or a dry bag to protect your camera and other electronics from rain and sea.
- If you want to capture the amazing moments that you are going to have over and under the sea, bring an underwater camera or a water-proof action cam.
In case you have any questions or want to add something to our list, please don’t hesitate to comment below!
If you would like to read more information about the best honeymoon resorts in the Maldives or best time to visit Maldives, click here to see our main article.