When it comes to beach vacations in China, Hainan Island is probably the first place that comes to mind. This not so small island lying southwest of Hong Kong is the southernmost part of China. Often called as the “Hawaii of China”, Hainan Island is truly a tropical paradise. The island is home to long sandy beaches, tropical rainforests and lush mountain landscapes. For years, Hainan has been named as the best and most touristic beach area in all of China. It’s a great destination for honeymoon couples as well, with so many things to do and see. Hainan has been declared as a special economic zone in 1988 and since then, new luxurious hotels and resorts are being built on the island. One of those luxurious resorts that we are going to introduce to you is the Mandarin Oriental Sanya.
Mandarin Oriental Sanya at a Glance
Mandarin Oriental Sanya is located in Sanya City on the southernmost coast of the island. This 5-Star luxury resort opened its doors in in 2009 and it is managed by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, one of most exclusive hotel brands in the world.
The resort is set in 12 hectares of tropical gardens and enjoys the privacy of a secluded 1.2 Km nationally protected coral bay. Stunning views of the Coral Bay and South China Sea is available from much of the rooms. The location of the resort is very convenient, within easy reach of Sanya’s major shopping area and only 30 minutes away from the Sanya Phoenix International Airport.
Rooms & Suites
At Mandarin Oriental Sanya, various accommodation options are available.
- The resort has 195 guestrooms most of which have ocean views. Guestrooms without the ocean views are seeing the peaceful gardens and they either come with a private terrace or a balcony with sun loungers.
- There are 15 suites with private terrace or balcony which overlooks either the ocean or the garden.
- Depending on your selenction, 56 pavilion rooms close to the beach offer different kinds of luxurious amenities such as semi-outdoor bathp, private gazebo, plunge pool, private terrace and semi-private pool.
- 15 duplex pool villas in the resorts feature a private pool, gazebo, sundeck and garden. Some of the villas even have an infinity pool with stunning panoramic sea views.
All of the rooms, suites and villas at the Mandarin Oriental Sanya features contemporary decoration with ethnic touches, providing a cozy and warm atmosphere for the guests.
Like all the other Mandarin Oriental properties around the world, Mandarin Oriental Sanya offers wide range of restaurants and bars, all with fabulous menus and breathtaking views.
- For fine dining with a beachfront setting, you can go to Fresh and taste delicious seafood. To try some of the best examples of the Cantonese cuisine, you can visit Yi Yang.
- At the Pavilion, you can try fresh dishes and thirst-quenching drinks from both Asian and Western cuisines.
- You can head for the Coral Bay Bar at the poolside which serves up an array of Chinese noodles, snacks and beverages.
- For coctails and afternoon tea, Sunset Bar is the perfect place with gorgeous ocean views. MO Blues on the other is a sophisticated bar featuring a cigar divan, wine cellar and world-class collection of single malt whiskies.
- Located in and around the main pool, Wave is the atmospheric poolside bar featuring a sunken bar where guests can enjoy drinks in and out of the water.
- Last but not least, Phoenix Tea House is a perfect place to begin your journey into the fascinating culture of Chinese tea, with over 100 varieties of tea on offer.
Spa & Wellness
Mandarin Oriental Sanya is home to a 3,200 square meters (34,000 sq ft) Spa Village and fitness center. Fully equipped facilities of the Spa Village help hotels guests to boost their physical and mental wellbeing. You can find wide range of massage treatments including the signature Oriental Essence, Thai, Aromatherapy and Deep Tissue at the Spa Village. The ever-popular Mandarin Oriental facial therapies are also available. Spa Village at the Mandarin Oriental Sanya features;
- 8 private treatment rooms, all with private steam shower and outdoor tub
- 8double suites with sauna and steam facilities
- 2 VIP villas with sauna and access to a private garden
- Traditional Chinese Therapies and on site Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor
- Fully-equipped fitness centre
- Dedicated exercise studio offering a range of classes
- Two floodlit tennis courts
- Spa Boutique
- 3 beautifully landscaped outdoor swimming pools, each providing a different water experience
- One of the outdoor swimming pools is reserved for guests 18 years and older
- Protected coral beach of the resort stretches 1.2km along the coastline.
- Various water sports are available such as kayak tours and snorkelling around the coral reef
- 10 world class golf courses located within an hour of the resort
- Recreation centre with video games, pool table and table tennis
- Group cooking classes for both adults and children are available
- Coco Kids’ club with complimentary daily activities
- Tai Chi and Qi Gong lessons from Shaolin Kung Fu Master
Mandarin Oriental Sanya is a great resort nestled amongst lush tropical flora and located on an amazing island. This exclusive retreat combines a contemporary design with laid-back beach chic. With a tropical setting, tranquil atmosphere, acclaimed dining and a wonderful spa, Mandarin Oriental Sanya offers luxury infused with effortless style. If you are planning your honeymoon in China, Mandarin Oriental Sanya might be the perfect place to start your holiday before you move on to explore other destinations in the Mainland China such as Beijing, Shanghai and Xi’an.
Please note that this blog post is not a paid promotion.If you would like to learn more about the Mandarin Oriental Sanya, you can click here to visit the offical website of the hotel.
If you would like to read more information about the best honeymoon resorts in China or things to do in China, click here to see our main article.