Often called as the bridge between the East and the West, Turkey is a great honeymoon destination offering an amazing getaway full of history, culture and amazing natural wonders. List of things to do in Turkey is very long and therefore Turkey is a great option for couples who are looking for a honeymoon full of unique attractions and experiences.
Having welcomed nearly 50 million visitors in the year 2018, Turkey is one of the 10 most popular tourism destinations in the world. Unlike many other countries in the Mediterranean, Turkey is very affordable and offers varied accomodation options. If you know where to go and what to do in Turkey, it is truely a great destination. In this blog post, we’ve listed some of the best ideas for things to do in Turkey on your honeymoon.
Top 15 Things to do in Turkey on Honeymoon
- Booking a hot air balloon tour in Cappadocia
- Watching the sunrise in Cappadocia with a sky full of hot air balloons
- Booking a horse riding tour in the magnificent landscape of Cappadocia
- Swimming in the Cotton Castle (Pamukkale) thermal spa terraces
- Shopping at the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul
- Visiting Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in Istanbul
- Going on a boat ride on the Bosphorus of Istanbul with a cup of Turkish tea and hand-feeding the seagulls from the boat
- Planning a day trip to Prince Islands in Istanbul to escape the city and enjoy the peaceful scenery
- Watching Istanbul from the Galata Tower
- Visiting the Celsus Library and remains of Ancient Ephesus city in İzmir
- Paragliding over the world famous Blue Lagoon and Ölüdeniz Beach in Fethiye
- Visiting the Kekova Island & The Sunken City in Antalya
- Hiking the Lycian Way; an ancient route and one of the oldest long-distance hiking trails
- Visiting coastal towns located across the coastline of the Aegen Sea
- Trying various water sports; from scuba diving to kayaking and kiteboarding to windsurfing
In case you have any questions or want to add something to our list, please don’t hesitate to comment below!
If you would like to read more information about the best honeymoon destinations in Turkey or best time to visit Turkey, click here to see our main article.