Thailand is one of the all time favorite destinations in the Southeast Asia not only for honeymoon couples but also for backpackers, wellness seekers, adventurers and party animals. This amazing country is one of the few countries in the world where you can find hundreds of natural wonders, a bustling urban life, untouched wildlife sanctuaries, fascinating historical sites and an authentic cuisine all together.
No matter where you stay or how much budget you have, there is no shortage of attractions in Thailand. While some couples choose a typical beach resort honeymoon for the comfort and relaxation, more and more couples these days are trying to follow an unconventional itinerary with as many unique experiences as possible.
In this blog post, we’ve listed some of the best ideas for things to do in Thailand during your honeymoon.
Most popular activities and things you can do in Thailand on your honeymoon
If you think the only thing that you can do in Thailand is lying on the beach all day and getting tan, you are very much mistaken. List of things to do in Thailand is endless and we suggest you to try at least half of the activities listed below:
- Visiting an ethical elephant sanctuary and spending time with elephants while they are bathing, eating and playing
- Visiting majestic temples spread across Thailand. Below are some of the most famous temples in Thailand:
- Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), Bangkok
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho), Bangkok
- The Blue Temple (Wat Rong Suea Ten), Chiang Rai
- Tiger Cave Temple (Wat Tham Suea), Krabi
- The Emerald Temple (Wat Phra Kaew), Bangkok
- Booking a Jungle Safari Tour in Khao Sok National Park
- Visiting a Thai Spa and experiencing the world famous Thai massage
- Visiting one of the several floating markets spread across Thailand to see a unique shopping experience
- Trekking, hiking and rock climbing in different parts of Thailand
- Exploring mangrove forests by long-tail boats or kayaks and observing the wildlife in the area including fish, monkeys, and birds
- Booking a trekking tour to the beautiful rice paddies when they are completely green and filled with water
- Booking a mountain biking tour in Chiang Mai
- Trying all kinds of different water sports from scuba diving to wakeboarding
- Tasting delicious dishes from the authentic Thai Cuisine
- Going out for shopping at the night markets to buy souvenirs, gifts or just tasting different street foods and drinks
- Seeing a cabaret show or a Traditional Thai Dance show
- Exploring the world famous nightlife scene Thailand’s
If you would like to read more information about the best honeymoon destinations in Thailand or best time to visit Thailand, click here to see our main article.