Singapore is a city-state located in the Southeast Asia, at the Southern end of the Malaysian Peninsula. Singapore is one of the most prosperous nations in the world and therefore the quality of life is very high. Although this country is known for its modern and vibrant urban atmosphere, Singapore offers a lot more than many other cities in the world. Thanks to its natural and man-made attractions, Singapore is absolutely a great honeymoon destination.
Table of Contents
- Honeymoon in Singapore at a glance
- Popular attractions and things to do in Singapore on honeymoon
- Best time to visit Singapore
- Useful information for Singapore
Honeymoon in Singapore at a glance
Singapore is a perfect place for a city honeymoon, full of luxurious hotels and resorts where you can spoil yourself with your significant other. There are endless options for dining, shopping and partying within the city.
Thanks to Singapore Airlines, this tiny country is one of the most well-connected destinations on earth. Singapore Airlines offers direct flights to almost all of the major cities in Asia. Even if you don’t want to spend your entire honeymoon in there, thanks to its convenient location, Singapore is easily accessible from most of the popular honeymoon destinations in the Southeast Asia.
Popular attractions and things to do in Singapore on honeymoon
Singapore might be one of the smallest countries in the world but when it comes to things to do and places to visit, it definitely is among the most attractive cities in the world with plenty of attractions. Singapore is one of the Four Asian Tigers, which is a group of countries with high-growth economies consisting of Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore. This city-state is a destination that is constantly evolving, reinventing and reimagining itself and opening doors to new possibilities.
Singapore is an amazing destination for couples, families and even for solo travelers. The city caters for the needs of all type of travelers with the abundance of unique attractions and experiences. The list below shows the most popular sights and things to do that most of the tourists visiting Singapore should try.
- Marina Bay and Gardens by the Bay
- Sentosa Island
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Infinity Pool
- Merlion Statue
- Universal Studios Singapore
- Singapore Flyer
- Singapore Cable Car
- Night Safari
- Singapore Zoo
- Singapore Botanic Garden
- Jurong Bird Park
- Orchard Road
- Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
- Clarke Quay riverside shopping and leisure complex
- Trying Street Food in hawker centers (Lau Pa Sat)
Best time to visit Singapore
Singapore is hot and humid all year round. Average temperature is around 26 -27°C throughout the year. As long as you wear comfortable outfits, you can visit Singapore pretty much any time. From September to February, rainfall is higher than other months; November being the wettest month, but temperatures remains hot. Important thing to remember in Singapore is always carrying a small, portable umbrella to use during sudden showers.
Useful Information for Singapore
- Official language of Singapore is Malay but majority of Singaporeans are bi-lingual. They speak English in addition to one of the following languages: Mandarin Chinese, Malay and Tamil.
- Singapore dollar is the official currency in Singapore. Banknotes come in denominations of S$2, S$5, S$10, S$50, S$100, S$1,000 and S$10,000. Coins come in 5, 10, 20 and 50 cents and S$1
- Tipping is optional in Singapore, many restaurants add a 10 percent service charge to the bill
- During your stay in Singapore you can use the tap water; it is very safe and passes World Health Organization standards.
- Pack comfortable and light clothing to Singapore because the weather is quite hot and humid
- Bring an umbrella and/or a lightweight rain jacket for using during sudden rain showers.